Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

What have you done to your car today?

Guest keltik

luvmaforzzy said:

removed turbo and ripped out stuffed fuel pressure regulator, put in aftermarket one, run some new lines and put back together, wallbro next on the list an fuel filter.

Stuffed fuel reg ??? Now that's not very common - what's up with it ?

petrolheadjman said:

Managed to get gc8 piping for a non flipped manifold to fit!!

420233_10150657532204304_566639303_87279

Engines looking a wee bit more complete

is it just me or does the picture make it look like the car is jacked up with the engine unbolted sitting on the floor? twisted setup dissappearing down the back!

WRXONP']

[quote name='luvmaforzzy said:

removed turbo and ripped out stuffed fuel pressure regulator, put in aftermarket one, run some new lines and put back together, wallbro next on the list an fuel filter.

/quote]

yeah heard it wasnt common, but bloody diaphram inside must of kraked causing petrol to come out of vaccum line but oh well shit happens so just went aftermarket cause brand new from Winger Greenlane was $588 from Japan.

luvmaforzzy']

[quote name='luvmaforzzy said:

/quote]

yeah heard it wasnt common, but bloody diaphram inside must of kraked causing petrol to come out of vaccum line but oh well s*** happens so just went aftermarket cause brand new from Winger Greenlane was $588 from Japan.

Wow stuff that you could have got one off here for like 10$ lol

We are borg said:

2012-03-02%252014.24.04.jpg

need to be able to seat more than 5 :) sorry guys I gotta stop having kids :)

Paying for it today :)

took it back with over $1500 of parts that need to be replaced ( rear axle bushes and rear diff support bushes)

also it had just a full service including cambelts/water pump and tensioners ($1200) so i doubt they will of made much money on this vehicle :) I guess that what you get selling to a mechanic :)

Blown a ring. Guess that f^<£!%€ thing wasn't a rebuilt engine now was it.

Least it's getting another one fitted now. $#!T is making me not trust mechanics anymore.

What's worse is that I could have had it all done myself for a fraction of the cost. Including buying a shed to do the work in.

did the oil in the weekend and it had lumpy bits in the oil so i'm thinking i'll do another oil change this weekend.

Flushed the radiator out with some repco stuff as it had this rusty film in the over flow i could never get it to drain out clean water i'm guessing i had to much anti freeze in there if there is such a thing. Flushed it 4 times now all i smell is antifreeze when the car is cooling down ?

put Y pipe on intercooler, mused over the GTB intercooler had previously bought with it's oil lines for it? doesn't have on Y pipe stuff, therefore, not needed.- problem solved.

Tried getting bracket for the W/G actuator I now know why gazzy left it on, it was too much of a hassle to take off xD. I also got angry my torque wrench hadn't shown up yet. :P

Edit;

this bracket

2012-03-09233024.jpg

2012-03-09233012.jpg

Rear ended and the guy did a runner. CSI please help! It is a black lancer turbo, has massive frontal damage, the driver was a polynesian in his early 20s late teens. Hit me in Auckland city and took off, I found him a few hours later and he did a runner again. He was leaking huge amounts of coolant and his inter cooler was toast. License plate was ZT6368.

Really upset about this, if anyone can help it would be appreciated. When we found him I was on the phone to the police and had just left the station and they didnt send a squad car even though I was only 2 streets away from the station. His reg expired 7 months ago

http://www.carjam.co.nz/car/?plate=ZT6368

Jakee said:

Rear ended and the guy did a runner. CSI please help! It is a black lancer turbo, has massive frontal damage, the driver was a polynesian in his early 20s late teens. Hit me in Auckland city and took off, I found him a few hours later and he did a runner again. He was leaking huge amounts of coolant and his inter cooler was toast. License plate was ZT6368.

Really upset about this, if anyone can help it would be appreciated. When we found him I was on the phone to the police and had just left the station and they didnt send a squad car even though I was only 2 streets away from the station. His reg expired 7 months ago

http://www.carjam.co.nz/car/?plate=ZT6368

Had similar situation recently

Carjam him and pay the $10

Call your insurance company - give details from Carjam - excess would probably be waived

Give them the details of the car and the police file number (you did make a complaint to the police and get a number right??) (I did this and ours got waived - Chur state

Insurance company arranges to fix it