Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

What have you done to your car today?

Guest keltik

finally got the head off my cressida and the head gasket was deff gone ! surprised it was still running the state it was in. whoever changed the head gasket last time has no idea how to use a torque wrench either

a 7m head is fucken heavy!

i also dug out a block and crank to start working towards getting the bg5 back up and running .

finally fitted a apexi avcr i brought off trademe - went out to tune it - to my disapointment - it was stuffed ! would randomly choose between base pressure and free boost - either the solenoid was sticking or the controller was stuffed cos the buttons were dodgey and had to tap the case to get it to switch modes :o dodgey - took it back to the guy i got it off and said shes fucked mate gimme my coin LOL

went and picked up a greddy profec B spec 2 and installed it - cant wait to tune it tomorow :)

before that ill be locking my rear sub frame up solid !!!!!!!

have you tuned a profec b spec 2 before? they're awesome but can be tricky to set up. easy once you've got your head around the 3 settings, but each setting effects the other two eveytime you adjust them.

Just if remember not to set your "SET GAIN" too close to your desired boost as will cause boost spike as you haven't given the wastegate enough time to open.

Also having your "GAIN" set too high it will cause boost spike.

Stoffa said:

have you tuned a profec b spec 2 before? they're awesome but can be tricky to set up. easy once you've got your head around the 3 settings, but each setting effects the other two eveytime you adjust them.

Just if remember not to set your "SET GAIN" too close to your desired boost as will cause boost spike as you haven't given the wastegate enough time to open.

Do they run in % or psi?

Stoffa said:

started tuning it today - read up heaps online about it and im starting to get some results - have a flat boost curve now just need to raise it a little

i found easiest way was i set the duty cycle at 40% and i up the set boost so that the spike is where i want boost to be - then adjust the gain untill i hold a flat boost

i dont think its the way most people do but im getting great results from it - getting alot more response from it now its beutifull

Swindog']

[quote name='Stoffa said:

/quote]

Do they run in % or psi?

ahh you set the solenoid in % - and set the gain and set gain in percentage also - im just going off my boost gauge anyway

sultan said:

got the rex going again, went and put 6 months reg on it, put on another 50kms, gave it a piano finish clean job, and back in the garage for another month lol

I was wanting to clean my car as it got assaulted by birds last night, buuut it got dark far too quickly for me to :(

Timmah']

[quote name='sultan said:

got the rex going again, went and put 6 months reg on it, put on another 50kms, gave it a piano finish clean job, and back in the garage for another month lol

/quote]

I was wanting to clean my car as it got assaulted by birds last night, buuut it got dark far too quickly for me to :(

dude you gotta get that shit off asap. bird shit is acidic, it eats through your clear coat

Fitted sub frame lock collars - took for a test drive And finished tuning the ebc - dayuum the lock collars make a very big difference -

And I finally see the light !! And now I believe it when people say I don't need a external for good boost controll :)

johnny5 said:

Yup your actuators probably better than the ones on our vf's

Well it is a garrett :o

:P

Haha

Really impressed you can get the same response using a ebc on a internal that u get using an external from the fact the ebc can hold the internal shut untill u want it to open instead of just creeping open which is all I've ever had with internals hence why allways went to external

Finally got the shitty Japanese only AVC9022HD out of the subbie

Replaced it with my JVC outta the skidline until I can get a decent heady for it.

Was worried about the McIntosh system and having to pull up carpet to fuck with wiring but it turns out it its already been re-wired and the amp taken out, even though it still has the McIntosh speakers and 6x9 left in (obviously the 6x9 isn't going)

Now for the extremely fun task of running 4 gauge through the firewall and under the carpet -_-

Might need a single din cubby...

2012-05-06190339.jpg

There is a few good places to run them.

image.jpg

Have a look in the above pic, big red wire (0 gauge) running from the inline fuse , behind the sprayer bottle to side of the strut tower.

There is a nice big grommet in there.

Inside the car You have to remove your glove box (trust me its easier to remove it, & while there clean your cabin filter) and trim from around the kick panel by the door. Be prepared to be a contortionist to see underneath looking up at the dash...

It ultimately ends up here:

s3000230.jpg