Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

What have you done to your car today?

Guest keltik

yesturday took it to get cambelt/service,new power steering pump(second hand in better con) new spark plugs etc.Today i had water squeters and bonnet pins installed on my carbon hood,been a expensive week and found me some 4 pot callipers to buy next pay.I also managed to get some chrome pully sheild and radiator(top thingy) and chrome clips for 50 bucks - Scrap metal places are fun to go shopping at ;D

Got low k v3 dccd in the mail today straight out of Hiroshima japan, If it doesn't glow from the nuclear radiation then the new dials i fitted should account for that, off to jaycar tomorrow to get leds for dccd cluster and install.

IMG_03992.jpg

Johnnynz said:

It's different man thats for sure.

Not sure if i love it or hate it tbh. I think I'm just glad I have the later model dash :-\

Sometimes different is good in this case i have to say it diffenatly is good. Picture don't do it justice they look better in the flesh.. here they are turned on.

IMG_04001.jpg

IMG_04031-1.jpg

Can change back lighting green/blue

• General Member

Yeah I like them more lit than unlit.

I gotta say the Aircon dials and speedo/tacho was probably the thing I disliked most about my v1. Just didnt like them at all but I wasn't technically minded or inclined enough to do anything about it back then.

Good on you for trying something different.

Johnnynz said:

I gotta say the Aircon dials and speedo/tacho was probably the thing I disliked most about my v1. Just didnt like them at all but I wasn't technically minded or inclined enough to do anything about it back then.

I got over the style of the dials and dash. It's just the gear stick boot thing that I wish was from a later model.

Timmah']

[quote name='Johnnynz said:

/quote]

I got over the style of the dials and dash. It's just the gear stick boot thing that I wish was from a later model.

You should get some for yours and we can be illumination bros together lol

Nah but they look good in the flesh, camera doesn't do it the justice. you do notice they aren't oem quality but when you turn on the ignition and they light up that factor is forgotten even day driving. Would look better with the carbon surround but dccd don't get that.. anyone want buy a carbon v3 sti dash cluster?

QRAF said:

DSC00792.jpg

I'll stick with my ver5 ones but i like yours lit up tho i like how the whole thing lights up not just the numbers like on mine.

Damn your car sits at a lot less revs than mine at 100k. Must make road trips less of an ear ache :-[

on thursday got the wastegate all welded up then today bolted turbo and everything back together. finished off the 12L boot tank filled it with methanol. baffled the catchcan with some 12mm tube with ten 5mm holes drilled out of it, then plumbed back to intake with a evac fitting as well as a road draft tube with a one way valve, all in the rain but had to get it done so can tune the 2.2 engine properly this week see how it goes. few months ago on the run in tune on rolling road it achieved 210kw atw on 12-13psi so have high hopes when it gets a power tune in the 20-25psi range

IMAG0147.jpg

IMAG0149.jpg

IMAG0136.jpg