Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

What have you done to your car today?

Guest keltik

Just now, Batbaruman said:

yeah thats the thing.. im super paranoid of crappy drivers behind and around me. love that smoked look but wouldn't be brave enough to do it myself.. soon to surround my car in all kinds of fluorescents :P

Not really a worry when I drive, the lights are proper smoked plastic not some backyard diy jobbie and parks/stops are clearly visible and rather bright. More of a worry when I park on a side of a street somewhere but then I hardly ever do that anyway, overnight I mean.

18 minutes ago, sobanoodle said:

Do they just clip in place? And how did you run the wiring?

They had the same clips as the reflectors and I just had my hand behind the bumper and popped the old ones out, ran the cable through and popped the new ones in easy to do.

As for the wiring i just tapped into the trailer socket wiring harness as all the wires were there and easy to get too:D

4 hours ago, Kiwiflyboy said:

They had the same clips as the reflectors and I just had my hand behind the bumper and popped the old ones out, ran the cable through and popped the new ones in easy to do.

As for the wiring i just tapped into the trailer socket wiring harness as all the wires were there and easy to get too:D

Good idea about towbar wiring, do you have a pin out for that or can snap a photo for me please showing what wires you tapped into? 

2 hours ago, willisnz said:

New shoes....

Looks good, 18 or 17? Fixed the issue?

Well, Got the under mani intake out- however like all factory ones, almost made it all the way out and broke at the very last hurdle.
16830284_10208135879943685_1865694390_n.

Bypassed the watercooling to the throttlebody A- Because it was in the way, B- because it was easy, C-Unnecessary in NZ
Got the Grimmspeed 3mm phenolic spacers in, and have the Tomei intake mostly in- Just need to sort out aligning it properly.
Then I'll tighten up the manifold and put all the stuff back where it is supposed to go.

The cool thing about the GD Mani/ header tank design/hose routing VS the BH/V5- is the bottom pipe from the header tank doesn't  go under the manifold- giving A- More space and B- allowing you to lift the manifold without having to remove fluid from the system.

Whoop, found out I don't have work tomorrow so that's tomorrows job.

Cheea!

Been suspecting that there is a leak somewhere around the rear hatch - will end up with a few drops of water on the cargo blind after some heavy rain. Thought it was coming through the tail lights but I did replace the gaskets when I swapped to aftermarket ones and it did not cure the issue (and they're below the cargo blind anyway :$9_9). Spent an hour with a hose this arvo and turned out the high stop light was the culprit. A bit of silicone and I'm all ready for the winter :) 

Felt like a deja vu as I had to fix a leaky boot of my old BH5 too. 

• Like 1

On ‎18‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 7:33 AM, Kiwiflyboy said:

Parts from japanparts finally arrived, My boy likes car parts almost as much as me!

Got new Crystal eye LED lights for rear, STI push start button and Charge Speed led lights to replace the plain red reflectors on the lower bumper.

All installed and now just need to wait for some better weather to take some photos of the installed lights, looks a lot better so far.

32141213433_239d6ff657_b.jpg32575051820_4ab378eabf_b.jpg32955764475_2634668093_b.jpg32141213153_065ffd9f22_b.jpg

Lovely pic of your boy..

Over night parts from japan are fun..

1 hour ago, Dairusire said:

Oooooh, What did you order? Shiny stuff? 

You know we love shiny stuff....

Rebuilding with original K crankcases..

20K  .50 o/s sti pistons from Amayama

Version 9 conrods from partsourq

Mahle motorsport rings from Advanced Automotive

New center thrust crankshaft from USA

10mm oil pump from partsourq

Gates timing belt kit/genuine n/a waterpump

King main and bigend bearings

Will be running factory v4 headers with new twisted up pipe to  turbo..

This turbo will be mounted flat and will be either a new vf22 or a new kunigawa td05 18G..

Edited by pedro
speldingg

• Admin
1 minute ago, pedro said:

Rebuilting with original K crankcases..

20K  .50 o/s sti pistons from Amayama

Version 9 conrods from partsourq

Mahle motorsport rings from Advanced Automotive

New center thrust crankshaft from USA

10mm oil pump from partsourq

Gates timing belt kit/genuine n/a waterpump

King main and bigend bearings

Will be running factory v4 headers with new twisted up pipe to  turbo..

This turbo will be mounted flat and will be either a new vf22 or a new kunigawa td05 18G..

Just saying, if you're getting a new crankshaft, go and have it nitrated. Will cost about 100-150 and then polish it up, if you spin a bearing you'll be much less likely to destroy the crank. Are they King Race series or normal bearings? @Subirex Automotive recommends Nitrating the crank if it's the race series as it helps with longevity of the motor overall.

Just now, Dairusire said:

Just saying, if you're getting a new crankshaft, go and have it nitrated. Will cost about 100-150 and then polish it up, if you spin a bearing you'll be much less likely to destroy the crank. Are they King Race series or normal bearings? @Subirex Automotive recommends Nitrating the crank if it's the race series as it helps with longevity of the motor overall.

Yeah,Good advise..

What is this bearing spinning you talk about ?

21 minutes ago, GC8E2DD said:

Pedro, what prompted you to choose V9 rods? Is there a notable revision thereabouts? What's the part number?

I was going to use version 7 rods ..But..

During my research into rods I came across an article from an engine builder that stated that the version 9 rods are the strongest..

Evolution I guess..

12100AA181  $43 us each from Partsourq..