Joker

Car Crimes

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

not a bad collection,

my fav momos are pre-airbag - prototipo, veloce etc.

 

 

 

Edited by newsuba

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 20/06/2020 at 7:10 PM, Firenza said:

 

Holy crap, i'm sitting on a goldmine!

 

!Xz4Oi7Nm.jpg

 

I had one of these.

313076d1501791993-fs-rare-omp-ralliart-t

 

Ran it in the race car until someone offered me $1000 for it.

 

 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hate to say it out loud but it's one of those cars you hope their brakes dont work eh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Loren said:

 

imagine how well his brakes work in the wet.

I want to know how long a run up he needed to get up the highway off ramp. 
it’s like a space ship ion drive very little acceleration that needs time to add up to moving fast.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Gripless said:

I want to know how long a run up he needed to get up the highway off ramp. 
it’s like a space ship ion drive very little acceleration that needs time to add up to moving fast.

 

A space ship ion drive wasn't conceived by someone completely deranged, with no basis in science :P

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, boon said:

 

A space ship ion drive wasn't conceived by someone completely deranged, with no basis in science :P

Next you’ll tell me sidewalls have no grip. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And Airbags are for pussies

 

Kit includes Resistor for the pesky light

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And it cant be a typeR if its a retna really..Or can it?o.O

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, pedro said:

And it cant be a typeR if its a retna really..Or can it?o.O

 

It's a retna with possibly a Type R/RA drivetrain... and an s201 (ish) body kit. Real value? Not $50,000.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It can't be any of the above.  Could have at least started with a 4 door STI. So it could at least be legitimately an STI, converted to an S201 replica.  Even then it wouldn't be a genuine S201 so still not 50k worth.

 

At least make a retna look like a 22B not an S201........the ugliest subaru ever made.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 26/08/2020 at 9:30 PM, Joker said:

And Airbags are for pussies

 

Kit includes Resistor for the pesky light

And we wonder why it’s so hard to get a WOF 

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ginganinja said:

 

At least make a retna look like a 22B not an S201........the ugliest subaru ever made.

 

Second ugliest, after the Casa Blanca.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Theoretical question

 

Buy it, rip all the hideous off and convert it back to a 'std.' GC coupe. What would the buy price need to be to come out in the black on the resale?

 

There are still a few unmolested GC coupes kicking around, they go for stupid money in Aus at least if recent MCM episodes are anything to go by

 

Edit: 😎 why bother when you could just grab this https://www.trademe.co.nz/a/motors/cars/subaru/wrx-sti/listing/2809155310?bof=ln1WQ6WR

Edited by Bugle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That coupe is a gc4 so yes it is a Retna car. Sadly it's been completely wrecked by who ever did that to it. Sad day for Retna fans and s201 fans alike. Why would you bother converting a coupe to that spec when it effectively makes it completely worthless. As ugly as the s201 is, I'd still respect someone who took a crashed one and swapped it to another 4 door as a replica or just to keep it from going off the road. The doors /body has had the lines removed too so cannot really be made into a type R without considerable body work. 

 

It's a pretty big derp from who ever owns it/built it. 

 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Agree with that. At least do it to a 4 door then it would be very close to a S201. And also keep it 2 tone.

 

He should remove that body kit and do a 22B wide body to it with 22B bumpers and leave the S201 running gear in it to make it a 22B replica. It would almost be worth what he wants for it given that a real 22B is over 200k these days. And the S201 running gear is good stuff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, ginganinja said:

Agree with that. At least do it to a 4 door then it would be very close to a S201. And also keep it 2 tone.

 

He should remove that body kit and do a 22B wide body to it with 22B bumpers and leave the S201 running gear in it to make it a 22B replica. It would almost be worth what he wants for it given that a real 22B is over 200k these days. And the S201 running gear is good stuff.

 

If you could simply convert any coupe to a fake 22b and get $50k... there would be a lot of people doing it... i for one would do it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, Loren said:

 

If you could simply convert any coupe to a fake 22b and get $50k... there would be a lot of people doing it... i for one would do it.

haha fair call!! 

15 minutes ago, Loren said:

 

 

Edited by ginganinja

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Loren it is quite a fugly looking thing, dunno why so many people are gushing over it. All of Blocks ones have been super aggressive while still actually looking good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Andy_Mac said:

@Loren it is quite a fugly looking thing, dunno why so many people are gushing over it. All of Blocks ones have been super aggressive while still actually looking good.

 

I don't understand why they put all the timeattack style aero on for basically an autocross car.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.