Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

What have you done to your car today?

Guest keltik

johnny5 said:

Did you notice any gains yet to do mine was just gonna sell it as icbf

I did mine recently on my V3, wasn\'t that bad, not the easiest job but with some persuasion it goes in. Did mine at the same time as fmic and I was replacing manifold gaskets and had the turbo off for rotating too so that probably helped me a lot.

Hard to speak for the gains because like I mentioned I did the fmic and replaced leaking gaskets at the same time so it was bound to go better.

Sound difference is incredible, sounds simply awesome, and don\'t get me started on the dose! Lol i\'d do it even if just for the noises that come with it

Dropped the car off at the mechanics, had the new drive shaft fitted and was called around smoko time to tell me it was ready.

$120 for 2\'nd hand drive shft from Roscos in Ashburton

$37 to have old one removed and new one put in, bloody good i reckon?

Best thing is the car doesn\'t rattle now, god it sounded awful !

clintondane said:

Dropped the car off at the mechanics, had the new drive shaft fitted and was called around smoko time to tell me it was ready.

$120 for 2\'nd hand drive shft from Roscos in Ashburton

$37 to have old one removed and new one put in, bloody good i reckon?

Best thing is the car doesn\'t rattle now, god it sounded awful !

Yeah $37 is pretty good... wouldn\'t take long to do though...

On the weekend did this: Box looks fine inside synchros all good just synchro stopper plate for third a bit hashed but still working fine. Got the cases back together just need to bolt on rear housings then I have a spare.

DSC03431_zps0bf0670f.jpg

Also pulled bumper and moved intercooler up a bit so its tucked up behind lip. It was hitting everything before and looked like pure nasty hanging out the bottom. Had the help of 20mo daughter who knows how to mount lights the proper way. Spent half of sunday climbing through the air dam in the bumper thinking it was part of her playground.

DSC03440_zps51a1972a.jpg

• Admin

Bled injector lines. Pulled glow plugs. Cranked it over until cylinders werent full of shit. Reinstalled glow plugs, tried to start it, discovered starter is probably fucked as it can\'t crank it over with compression. Laaaame.

boon said:

Bled injector lines. Pulled glow plugs. Cranked it over until cylinders werent full of s***. Reinstalled glow plugs, tried to start it, discovered starter is probably bothered as it can\'t crank it over with compression. Laaaame.

How does the battery test?

Pulled engine out and stripped it down to bare long block then dropped it off to possum bourne ms, only took 4hrs from popping the bonnet til it was dropped off.....pretty good for first solo attempt and only basic tools. ALOT easier being not standard engine though, bugger all to unplug. Tune time in couple weeks.....hoping to see 340-350wkw on e85

jazza said:

Pulled engine out and stripped it down to bare long block then dropped it off to possum bourne ms, only took 4hrs from popping the bonnet til it was dropped off.....pretty good for first solo attempt and only basic tools. ALOT easier being not standard engine though, bugger all to unplug. Tune time in couple weeks.....hoping to see 340-350wkw on e85

Whats engine/turbo combo?

Its got a ej20 closed deck block thats been bored and sleeved with oversize pistons and heads are ported polished with 280degree kelford cams. At the moment im running brand new garrett gt30/40 but may change to 35/40 off my mates wrx. First tune has 305wkw on 98 and gcp said he could get more as it is with smoother power curve. Blocks at pbms so they can check the valves as it has a suspected leaking valve, only owned it for a month but still happy with everything else it has and not minding tooo much if i need any new internals.....do it once do it right.

At the mo its built as a street legal track car. Lots of whiteline goodies and tein suspension with semi slicks e.t.c. I want to tidy it up further and make engine bay near show clean fir next years nats. Will post up dyno sheet when i scan it, was tuned at speedsource mainly for top end power so its abit laggy. Gary said he can make it alot better