Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

What have you done to your car today?

Guest keltik

removed intercooler to fit turbo heatshields, took for another test drive, seems to pull nicely @12-14psi, wrapped up wiring in passengers footwell and tucked carpet in, now all she needs is a cleean and wof time!

17"s off and gold WRX 16"s installed on the Leggy. 17"s ready to be prepped for a powder coat and transplant to the bugeye. Put a charged battery in an took her for a spin, still dig the top end of the TT and even with crappy semi bald 16"s it still feels more planted on the road the WRX

Measured up for the STi ic for transplant to the bugeye, appears everything including the diffuser will bolt straight on :)

evowrx']

[quote name='TypeR rated said:

sold my car today. Almost shed a tear seeing it go but its time for someone else to care for it and all those 100 dollar bills cheered me up nicely ;D ,

Now to focus on me other subie :)

/quote]

Random I looked at your auction this morning and thought damn its been FS for a while.

Yeah it sure was on there for too long, but I guess good things take time. Wasn\'t gonna just give it away either. New owner was happy as soon as he saw it too. People mite see it round chch ways now.

Roo']

[quote name='Ninja 8) said:

Drove her to work. Smokes on start up >:( my poor turbo seals are giving way! :(

/quote]

I get this too, do you have a oily mess right next to the bov outlet?

Yes and oil in the fmic pipes ex car and top mount on current car. Turbo hasnt done many kms since rebuild too!

Roo']

[quote name='evowrx said:

Rolled rear guards then got carried away and pumped them a tad. Got to space a wheel and do some measuring now to see exactly how much room Ive achieved.

/quote]

Pics !

After you. You do any guard work to get yours under? What spec are your wheels? I need to do something in the front but once I space these Ill know how much.

Yeah I held a block of wood on the outside of the guard and just used a steel head hammer to flatten the lips, 17x9 +36 in the back with 10mm spacers (+26) and 17x8 +30 fronts with a 5mm spacer (+25) still rubs all the time in the rear but i\'m not worried

I will get some pics after I put the camber plates in, it\'s rough but it works.

i had a flatmate roll guards with a bat. fcked it up severely, both front guards got creases in them, and told everyone a rock had done it (somehow) haha

today when putting the ecv rod thing back on (tested if parallel will be quieter for long drive - oh god yes) managed to drop the little hex bolt thing right down inside the heat shields for turbo uppipe... took 20 mins just to find my telescoping magnet on a stick thing, i swear the second most useful thing in the toolbox behind cable ties

• Admin
 Roo said:

Always use copper core plugs, iridiums are great on something you don\'t want to be changing plugs on. I also opt for bkr7e\'s rather than bkr6e\'s

I used to do plugs every 6k but lately i\'ve barely been getting 2k from them before they\'re fouled :P

Wtf.... my plugs are at least 30k old, still runs mint... should I change them more often though? ???

boon']

[quote name='Roo said:

Always use copper core plugs, iridiums are great on something you don\'t want to be changing plugs on. I also opt for bkr7e\'s rather than bkr6e\'s

I used to do plugs every 6k but lately i\'ve barely been getting 2k from them before they\'re fouled :P

/quote]

Wtf.... my plugs are at least 30k old, still runs mint... should I change them more often though? ???

do you have coppers or platinum in yours?

platinums can last 100K+