Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

What have you done to your car today?

Guest keltik

16 hours ago, Munkvy said:

Sunday drive (last Sunday) up a hill in the Wairarapa, shortest hillclimb I have ever done, but good fun. Pulled 1.7G in one of the corners which is the best I have ever done!

Wow 1.7G on road is really good !

Which tyres are you running ?

Been working away from home for the last couple of weeks but arrived back this evening to find a nice little box waiting for me...

20161125_202435_zpsb9mohudh.jpg

And inside :D

20161125_202702_zpsbfh9fbri.jpg

A pretty easy straighforward swap. The original unit pops out (once you can get you hands behind the dash) but only slightly as the wiring loom prevents full access  A small jeweller's type screwdriver can be used to release the tab holding the wiring connector in place. The new unit simply plugs straight in. Testing before fitting it back in place....

20161125_205444_zpsob5i9tw7.jpg

Light turns orange when button is pushed...

20161125_205500_zpscwvywzum.jpg

And goes green when the clutch is depressed ready for ignition...

20161125_205537_zpsgyt81m2g.jpg

Don't you just love little mods which take only a few minutes but make a such big difference (visually anyway!).

Interesting that the lettering has a different layout to that shown on the site.

Shipping took less than a week :)

Gary
Edited by G B
  • Like 4

28 minutes ago, G B said:
Been working away from home for the last couple of weeks but arrived back this evening to find a nice little box waiting for me...

And inside :D

A pretty easy straighforward swap. The original unit pops out (once you can get you hands behind the dash) but only slightly as the wiring loom prevents full access  A small jeweller's type screwdriver can be used to release the tab holding the wiring connector in place. The new unit simply plugs straight in. Testing before fitting it back in place....

Light turns orange when button is pushed...

And goes green when the clutch is depressed ready for ignition...

Don't you just love little mods which take only a few minutes but make a such big difference (visually anyway!).

Interesting that the lettering has a different layout to that shown on the site.

Shipping took less than a week :)

Gary

Been eyeing one of these too, the layout shown on Japan parts is a different part number, ST83031ST012 ;)

Edited by sobanoodle

• Admin

So, today has been a big day. 

For the first time in uuuuhhhm, since May ish? The car got rolled out of the shed!

mhQQrqD.jpg

Oh hey ;) Got Camber? 

v5si3ce.jpg

aaaaaand interior mostly taken out and off to Final Touch to get cleaned up. Bloody mold took hold as you'll see on primarily the seatbelts in the photo. Probably gutted me the most if I'm honest, but hey, not too bad according to grant ! 

5OjnEc4.jpg

tlc9AF7.jpg

9xtgQFn.jpg

Lu2VQSl.jpg

FLoRPus.jpg

Also got the Cambelt kit for my motor, and fitted water pump today, :) Completely spaced on taking photos of all the shiney'ness of the new stuffs. 

7Hogjrj.jpg

Another huge big pile of stuff coming in on Tuesday with some big big changes to what's in the car :D Things are looking good for hopefully a pre-christmas start-up and drive 

• Like 3

• Admin
7 minutes ago, evowrx said:

The black nose cone some new fashion statement? What happened to the 22b bumper? @Dairusire

22b front bumper really met its match against a pukeko. 

However the car that I got all the parts from had a replacement front end that was in much better condition than the old so the choice was obvious. 

spent a while washing and drying the car properly, foolishly didnt park back in garage and started waxing outside. early in the process it rained all over the still drying wax and i gaveup :(

the cousin got a new car and wanted to start off with some cheap mods so sorted out his boring looking calipers by painting them red. his car is now 10x faster.

took bike tank / fairings off, contemplated grabbing some cans and painting that too then decided ill see how my financial situation is after cert/tune the car

/deardiary

No today but yesterday. 

Run out of gas at the top of harbour bridge even though the tripcomp was showing 50km of gas left in the tank. Luckily I was over the crest and just rolled down to Fanshawe exit, freaking embarrassing I tell you! 

My only guess is when I changed the stock fuel pump last week for DW65C I used DW sock filter instead of a factory one, which appears to have a spring inside of it, also a bit taller and reaches the bottom of the housing.  Is my assumption correct or it does not really matter? Bent float/level showing more gas then there is actually? Never experienced similar issues before and could go all the way down to --- km left (which is less than 20km I believe) so clearly my fuel pump swap got something to do with that. 

Wanted to get a new filter from Subaru but you simply cannot, only comes with a fuel pump at $300something plus GST %)

Chucked stock filter in there for now, will see if I experience the same issue again, got a petrol can sitting in the boot just in case :D

PS: some pics I found online

DSC_5344.jpg

DSC_5338.jpg

DSC_5346.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sobanoodle said:

No today but yesterday. 

Run out of gas at the top of harbour bridge even though the tripcomp was showing 50km of gas left in the tank. Luckily I was over the crest and just rolled down to Fanshawe exit, freaking embarrassing I tell you! 

My only guess is when I changed the stock fuel pump last week for DW65C I used DW sock filter instead of a factory one, which appears to have a spring inside of it, also a bit taller and reaches the bottom of the housing.  Is my assumption correct or it does not really matter? Bent float/level showing more gas then there is actually? Never experienced similar issues before and could go all the way down to --- km left (which is less than 20km I believe) so clearly my fuel pump swap got something to do with that. 

Wanted to get a new filter from Subaru but you simply cannot, only comes with a fuel pump at $300something plus GST %)

Chucked stock filter in there for now, will see if I experience the same issue again, got a petrol can sitting in the boot just in case :D

PS: some pics I found online

I had issues when using the DW sock in my GF8 - swapped back to a factory sock and had no issues. 

My issues were a surge when turning 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ADIKT said:

I had issues when using the DW sock in my GF8 - swapped back to a factory sock and had no issues. 

My issues were a surge when turning 

I hadn't had any issues with it in BLE but then DW sock is pretty much the same as the stock fourth gen filter.

Fith gen filter as well as the whole assembly are a bit different through. The pumps itself are the same size.

On 25/11/2016 at 1:58 PM, delta said:

Wow 1.7G on road is really good !

Which tyres are you running ?

NT01's, which were hot enough that they were leaving rubber on the road when I took it down the road to warm the tyres before the run... So plenty of grip combined with a nice sunny day!

That and a bit of camber in the corners (hard to see on video) and a good dose of throwing it at the corner!

Just now, Munkvy said:

NT01's, which were hot enough that they were leaving rubber on the road when I took it down the road to warm the tyres before the run... So plenty of grip combined with a nice sunny day!

That and a bit of camber in the corners (hard to see on video) and a good dose of throwing it at the corner!

Cool, I didn't know those tyres, they look quite effective :D

Have you ever tried Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 ?

They are expensive as but the grip is just crazy.