Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

What have you done to your car today?

Guest keltik

• Admin

Because the design of that pink lowering section would have to be horrendously over engineered to try give zero movement. Way more forces at play than one that has an almost straight line between the top hats.

Think about it this way, a flat one if past the friction point will be pushing/pulling the studs sideways where that design in the same situation will want to lift the far side of the top plate, as well as pushing/pulling AND trying to bend the mount all at the same time.

4 minutes ago, Andy_Mac said:

Because the design of that pink lowering section would have to be horrendously over engineered to try give zero movement. Way more forces at play than one that has an almost straight line between the top hats.

Think about it this way, a flat one if past the friction point will be pushing/pulling the studs sideways where that design in the same situation will want to lift the far side of the top plate, as well as pushing/pulling AND trying to bend the mount all at the same time.

That's what I was thinking 

I was think a flat one would better 

But I'm not an engineer 

5 minutes ago, Andy_Mac said:

I agree that it is a less efficient design than one made specifically for the wagon. Having felt it though I think the bar would bend before the mounts would, they are pretty hefty. I'll have to take it round some corners and see if there is any difference.

3 minutes ago, IZichard said:

I agree that it is a less efficient design than one made specifically for the wagon. Having felt it though I think the bar would bend before the mounts would, they are pretty hefty. I'll have to take it round some corners and see if there is any difference.

One thing I have noticed is that the be and bh have the same 

18 minutes ago, B4 I was 250T said:

Chch. How much ya wanting for it? 

$80 plus postage 

2 hours ago, IZichard said:

Nursed a hangover by putting on something easy. Keen to see if it has a noticeable effect since the wagon is a little loose in the back or if is just a shiny paperweight. 

NPGMq5E.jpg

i dunno about your car specifically but had something similar in my old toyota hatch.. big difference when driving hard but i ended up taking mine off because the tradeoff for practically was just too much. might just be me but i like my boot space practical (says the guy with a fairly congested boot) :P

edit. had mine on my old car for a while before taking it off and after taking them off, drove for few months without alignment.. the rear tyres had real badly uneven wear due to change in camber just from that. dunno if you need alignment after fitting them too but might be something worth thinking about re. suspension changes -> get alignment.

Edited by Batbaruman

• Admin
On 24/12/2016 at 10:09 PM, ADIKT said:

Didnt you just spend a fair bit tidying them up?

Yeah I did indeed :(

Really gutted because those fronts came out really good. 

I can't remember if I put a photo o

Up here. However basically the metal on the bottom of the seats has fractured where the mountings are from rails. Essentially making them useless. 

1 hour ago, Dairusire said:

Up here. However basically the metal on the bottom of the seats has fractured where the mountings are from rails. Essentially making them useless. 

Bugger. That sucks dude. 

10 hours ago, Dairusire said:

anything is fixable, you can also swap the mounts from one seat to another and take the cloth/cushion off as well, guys in the states have done a write up over on nasoic . Just go to pickapart and grab a budget seat with the same version internals as yours and you're away

Got something incoming ex Japan, once again got "Held for clearance" status and was ready to pay duties and taxes since it's a tad over the threshold.

The status remained like that since the 30th and I was 99% certain I'll get a letter from the customs. To my surprise it changed to "Released for delivery" this morning and went to a depot to be delivered tomorrow :) Supa happy about that.

Guess the customs were on holidays till today and there was no one to "release" the parcel, almost looks like they do not care much. Not complaining though. 

PS: My dad's coil packs for his N54 bimmer got stuck too though they were well under the limit and were coming through UPS (afaik they do their own customs brokerage if needed) - not surprisingly got released this morning too somewhat proving my theory. 

• Like 2