Guest keltik

What have you done to your car today?

Similarly I fitted some KEIN mounts recently along with some solid spacers to replace crossmember bushes. 

Greatly improved shifting... it turns out some muppet used a standard impreza or legacy mount

for the transmission... soft enough to bend with one hand. Anyway, the car is hellish loud now,

but nothing some earplugs won't fix... the vibration is nothing to worry about.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Loren said:

Similarly I fitted some KEIN mounts recently along with some solid spacers to replace crossmember bushes. 

Greatly improved shifting... it turns out some muppet used a standard impreza or legacy mount

for the transmission... soft enough to bend with one hand. Anyway, the car is hellish loud now,

but nothing some earplugs won't fix... the vibration is nothing to worry about.

So you wouldn’t recommend anyone use those mounts for a car that requires some civility to remain?

16 hours ago, Andy_Mac said:

So you wouldn’t recommend anyone use those mounts for a car that requires some civility to remain?

The major noise I suspect is due to using solid bushes in the crossmember... the crossmember bushes are actually quite soft

usually and so even with a hard transmission mount, there would be quite a bit of dampening.

Edited by Loren
  • Like 1

New pitch stop mount is in. Has made a hell of alot of difference, with zero harshness thanks to it having hardened rubber bushes rather than the usual poly. 

No more repeated rocking when coming on/off throttle at low revs is a massive bonus. Turns out the original was in pretty bad shape, the small side bush was flopping around all over the place.

43911680272_3a695568b9_b.jpg

43911680162_b6e4089912_b.jpg

• Like 3

Replaced serpentine belt, idler pulley and tensioner. Took me maybe half an hour working in the dark.

With that said it took me another half an hour to remove and reinstall the damned battery...

• Like 1

Finally managed to get my 5 metre land yacht out of Auckland and sailed down to Karangahake gorge yesterday. Such an awesome cruiser and averaged only 5.5L/100km, hapi daze! 9_9

• Like 3

Today I cleaned up the headlights on the wagon and sealed them so hopefully it actually lasts a while before going yellow again. It was really hard to photograph with the cloud and reflections.

abUDhB1.jpg?1

• Like 4

New pitch stop mount is in. Has made a hell of alot of difference, with zero harshness thanks to it having hardened rubber bushes rather than the usual poly. 
No more repeated rocking when coming on/off throttle at low revs is a massive bonus. Turns out the original was in pretty bad shape, the small side bush was flopping around all over the place.

43911680272_3a695568b9_b.jpg  
43911680162_b6e4089912_b.jpg  
That looks great! What brand and where did you source it from?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

22 minutes ago, ilikethetuna said:

That looks great! What brand and where did you source it from?

Hardrace from Redline. The only one I could find that didn’t use poly bushes

• Like 2

I said fk it and bought a running WRX motor off my friend with new cambelt, tensioners and waterpump for $500.

I'm going to slap it into the RA, shove as much e85 down its throat as I can and give it full send. I'm tired of not having a running RA.

Sent from my TA-1012 using Tapatalk

• Like 9

Finally got around to installing my new rear sway bar links all ready for a cert tomorrow. Went over and under my car to just do a self check and it looks all okay. hopefully she passes!

Excuse the mud...Had fun im my mates paddock

WDzfrvU.jpg

• Like 1

Tried for the third time to get the before/after Dyno sheet for a dyno tune I had done two weeks ago. Tuner is no longer even replying.

18 minutes ago, KiwiJoe said:

Tried for the third time to get the before/after Dyno sheet for a dyno tune I had done two weeks ago. Tuner is no longer even replying.

Do you have the after dyno sheet at least? Who is the tuner?

Edited by Loren

Nope. Nothing. Promises to email through something then silence. I'm giving the tuner a bit more time to come to the party before I burn any bridges, but it's all a bit shithouse.

30 minutes ago, KiwiJoe said:

Nope. Nothing. Promises to email through something then silence. I'm giving the tuner a bit more time to come to the party before I burn any bridges, but it's all a bit shithouse.

is the results you got a bit lack luster or something?

The results seem fine. The throttle mapping is pretty different so it's hard to judge. The new tune is going from a Cobb protune for a downpipe to an EcuTek tune with the downpipe, an intercooler and a boost solenoid, so I really want to see what the differences are between the two. I'm also wondering now why he won't provide one, which makes me nervous, so this is now also about peace if mind. Another issue is that this is my second tune with the same company, but this was literally twice the price of the last one. Despite that extra cost, I have nothing in black and white showing what was actually done.

29 minutes ago, KiwiJoe said:

The results seem fine. The throttle mapping is pretty different so it's hard to judge. The new tune is going from a Cobb protune for a downpipe to an EcuTek tune with the downpipe, an intercooler and a boost solenoid, so I really want to see what the differences are between the two. I'm also wondering now why he won't provide one, which makes me nervous, so this is now also about peace if mind. Another issue is that this is my second tune with the same company, but this was literally twice the price of the last one. Despite that extra cost, I have nothing in black and white showing what was actually done.

I hope his name isn't Phil.

34 minutes ago, Loren said:

I hope his name isn't Phil.

No, it's not Phil. Phil did my Cobb tune and he's a top bloke.

3 hours ago, KiwiJoe said:

No, it's not Phil. Phil did my Cobb tune and he's a top bloke.

Different Phil then. 

I drove it to work woke my  neighbour up just by starting it up arrrr that Subie sound parked away from everyone to come out and find they’ve all parked near my car again. I love it when people open there doors on my cars. 

My mini drama over the last 24hrs.

Took car to garage to have 4pots installed and new rotors. Picked up at end of day Friday. Looks good.

Drove <1km home. Brakes a little soft but ok. Inspect new brake/rotor look at home. Notice brake fluid in wheel arch and over tyre.

Investigate further, brake fluid all over inside of passenger side wheel.

Massive leak from hose to caliper connection. Looks like washer wasn't reinstalled. Its still on the old caliper.

Too late to take back to garage and closed for the weekend.

Custom 4pots paint ruined. New rotor (with black painted centre) ruined.

Try to take wheel off. Nuts on too tight as garage used impact gun. Break torque wrench (I know, wrong tool) trying to loosen.

Scissor jack then seizes with car off the ground.

Its been one of those weekends.

.. garage and I will be having interesting phone call on Monday.

Installed a ultra racing rear sway bar in the Legacy. Amazing difference, such a good bang for buck mod. Now I need better not leather seats so I don't slide around so much... cf145a5c7b3107c1fb15e77d04dd4789.jpg

• Like 1