Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

What have you done to your car today?

Guest keltik

funkytown']

[quote name='Pelvin said:

Well i've for coil overs to get certed.

But the steering wheel just sounds like a pain in the ass, your right.

Bigger brakes need certing too ... that the disc or the caliper? because im replacing my 2 pot fronts to be 4 pots (and if i find some i'll get 2 pot rears)

/quote]

i dont think the calipers do as i doubt vtnz woudl knwo the car came with 2 pot front and not 4 pot, this is fine, i upgraded the size of the discs on the front to 330mm so they defo need cert.

Really?? while doing.my.certain because the brembos ar oem and us factor mount points no certain was red as my guy said.

Sorry hard to understand your post, but if I read it corect. If you increase the size of the disk compared to factory like 330mm you need it certed, but this may also be due to the fact even though I have used my original calipers and not brembos the mounting points didn't work so had to be adapted. If you swap from 2 pot to 4 pot they may bring this up at wof but I doubt it, especially if its oem part.

I think the premise is the part thats changed has to be changed for a part that is equal to the oem part, ie same disk size but with slots is fine to do but increase the diamater of the disc this is not allowed unless it certed.

funkytown said:

jesus.. auto correct fail typing on my phone this moring. Have fixed post.

i went from 4 pots ->brembos, 294 -> 330mm disks plus caliper change.

Not a cert issue as the hub mount points and calipers / disks are OEM

Well Might be due to the fact you put brembos on there and can reuse the original mounting points, I stuck to factory 4 pot non brembo and had to have a bracket made as they didn't fit with 330mm disks. Looking at the lvv site though you should get them certed as they are not oem size for your car.

Taken from the lvv site.

LVV is not required if the aftermarket rotors are the same size as the oem rotors,

and catalogued aftremarket items for that make and model of vehicle,

and attached to unmodified oe parts.

link to page is below:

http://www.lvvta.org.nz/CertThresholdScheduleApril04V3.pdf

ShaylaJ']

[quote name='ShaylaJ said:

registered the pos. charged battery. put battery back in. in a pitch black garage all on my own. surprised i didnt get electrocuted. paid insurance. insurance raised by $300 a year cos wellington is super dooper high risk. garaged in the burbs is "more dangerous" than parked outside my dads house in wanganui, lolol. #winning

/quote]

AND paid my speeding tickets! productive car ownership imo

That's so funny how car insurance is more in Wellington than in wanganui lol and it was on the street :)

DRFVDR']

[quote name='ODB said:

Wellington suburbs: You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. You must be cautious.

No wait, thats Mos Eisley.

/quote]

hhahahaahahhahaa well that made my day :)

you done well young padawan :)

The Force is strong with this one!

Replaced clutch with heavy duty exedy item. Does not slip now at 160km/h in 6 th gear.

Replaced fuel filter, changed oil and tightened rear hub bolts.

Oh and replaced clock that hasn't been working for the last year.

Kicked the tyres, pressure fine

Charged battery, sorted out the fouled plugs and fired the wrx up. Gave it a lil drive around and wiped off an inch of dust on the car. Was good to be back and forgot how close my ra box is when changing gears after driving round a crappy starlet for months haha.

Removed the sound deadning from my boot and under the rear seat. (almost a whole bucket full). Then removed all the useless speaker wire that the person that owned the car before me tried to put in and epicly failed at doing. Also going to reconnect my heater core now that i have cleared the whole thing out. hayden011.jpg

hayden010.jpg

my mate did it when he made up the fuel rail mounts, just cut off wheels and a grinder, then got it paint stripped at the powder coaters, I smoothed it out with a sander. Then gave it to another mate who sandblasted it to get the texture back then painted it with some special paint that he baked on.

Heres a pic of the other side

finishedmanifold.jpg