Guest keltik

What have you done to your car today?

Finally sorted a full size spare wheel & tyre to match for the RS ^_ ^

Dang I love that DII look :P

IMG_1317.jpg

Getting alot of car/motorbike parts building up in the shed again, if anyone wanting a full size 5th wheel for a spare to add to their current v7 wheel set hit me up, I have 3 v7 wheels all with a little curbing nothing that bad $50 each for the rim only, Central AK.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, THUNDA said:

IMG_1317.jpg

Getting alot of car/motorbike parts building up in the shed again, if anyone wanting a full size 5th wheel for a spare to add to their current v7 wheel set hit me up, I have 3 v7 wheels all with a little curbing nothing that bad $50 each for the rim only, Central AK.

I think i'll take you up on that

• Like 1

10 hours ago, willisnz said:

Related note, RockAuto sell Sachs for BP legacies...if I replace my shocks in the future might go that route if you enjoy yours:)

Sweet, will keep you posted

7 hours ago, sobanoodle said:

Looks like they have heaps of stuff; price for the Sachs is the same as Amazon (with the current 10% off). Let us know how it goes :)

bought some spec c bbs wheels last night, tyres need changing on em though, and they need a clean. pretty good condition, they'll be on the car for flatnats

replaced the rear swaybar mounts. good thing i did, the mounts had started to twist, and the swaybar retainer clip had deformed to the point where it was bloody difficult to undo. 

found a company called Schroth racing. they have clip in / clip out 4 point "trackday" harnesses. buying one of them... 

• Like 6

Replaced all the rotors and pads, flushed the fluid with new stuff, went for a road test then realized i hadn't adjusted the handbrake, so the rear came apart again

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, McMatty said:

Replaced all the rotors and pads, flushed the fluid with new stuff, went for a road test then realized i hadn't adjusted the handbrake, so the rear came apart again

Awesome. All fitted up well then? Which brake fluid did you end up using?

Finally got around to working on the front lip today. First time doing fibreglass work. Fixed up the crack with plastic weld glue and then added extra strength with the fibre glass ecbe6d13af6676cfd184b52bb810f9ba.jpg
Next step was to add the STI Red strip to the STI lip. Used to be just black. Then added he hella red super tones. And finally goI the side skirts on!!
adf0b986cb2d2019cd540a6ecac671c2.jpg06787eb1cb5996591d22b15c2ee0ac2e.jpgb83897f898b3b79b1171eefd5192b697.jpg

• Like 7

Awesome. All fitted up well then? Which brake fluid did you end up using?
Yup, all fitted well, first time changing rotors and flushing fluid so was a good experience, went and bought new front pads because why not, was all apart anyway. Used BF500 fluidd5547d749fff89fb57ee1d90ebee3ed0.jpg

Finally got around to working on the front lip today. First time doing fibreglass work. Fixed up the crack with plastic weld glue and then added extra strength with the fibre glass

Next step was to add the STI Red strip to the STI lip. Used to be just black. Then added he hella red super tones. And finally goI the side skirts on!!

Damn that looks good, makes me wish I kept my 5th gen LGT. I swear it was quicker than my STi... might've just felt quicker cause it was auto.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

On 9/17/2017 at 7:19 PM, Kiwiflyboy said:

b83897f898b3b79b1171eefd5192b697.jpg

She just needs to go a touch lower ;)

Edited by sobanoodle

She just needs to go a touch lower

Not around Chch it don’t lol. Wouldn’t be able to drive it anywhere then. Needs the better headlights is what it needs
  • Like 3

Wondered why my completely stock '05 3.0R only gets 400km before the fuel light comes on. With and without ECO on. (it's an auto) 

Will run 98 and see if that helps. First ever Auto I've owned, surely they all aren't this bad on fuel. 

Fuel gauge is a joke too. 200km to get to the 4/5 line then 200km to 0/5

Recommend remap, new air filter, spark plugs, and yeah run 98.
My '02 BEE usually gets 550km on the open road and 400-450 around town though.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Divine said:

Wondered why my completely stock '05 3.0R only gets 400km before the fuel light comes on. With and without ECO on. (it's an auto) 

Will run 98 and see if that helps. First ever Auto I've owned, surely they all aren't this bad on fuel. 

Purely depends on where and how you drive it. 400km of city driving before the light is on (which means there's another 10L left) is not that bad at all for a 3.0. On open road you can get 600km+ out of it. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Divine said:

I run mine on 98, on the open road I get better than 600kms from a tank.

And my fuel gauge is the opposite, it goes off a cliff when it gets to 1/5th

• Like 1

Yeah, my experience is that the 3.0R is not great fuel efficiency wise for stop/start city driving. Shines on the open road though!

If he hasn't been running 98, should he reset the ECU so it relearns fuel trims? Or is the ECU smart enough to work that out?

9 minutes ago, willisnz said:

Yeah, my experience is that the 3.0R is not great fuel efficiency wise for stop/start city driving. Shines on the open road though!

If he hasn't been running 98, should he reset the ECU so it relearns fuel trims? Or is the ECU smart enough to work that out?

Ideally get a reflash as NZ fuels are substantially different to Japan. ECU reset is never a bad thing tho.

I'm getting average 300km to 50 litres of 98. On Gull Force 10 I only got 200km to 50 litres

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 9/15/2017 at 3:33 PM, THUNDA said:

IMG_1317.jpg

Keen on a wheel if you've still got any floating around. Am in central Auckland as well, so can pick up most evenings if you're in a rush.

Cheers

• Like 1

Got the majority of the engine put together, tracked down some 1.45mm head gaskets which look to do the job, thankfully!

Just need to grab some coolant crossover O rings, and a few new hoses for the oil cooler and then the rest can go on.

wsinTyj.png

• Like 5

confession time. i haven't modded my car since i got it back from the last tune in june.. 3 months already after doing something to it almost every day/week since i got it last november. not sure if i should feel guilty or proud

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Batbaruman said:

confession time. i haven't modded my car since i got it back from the last tune in june.. 3 months already after doing something to it almost every day/week since i got it last november. not sure if i should feel guilty or proud

Certainly beneficial for your bank account.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, sobanoodle said:

Certainly beneficial for your bank account.

thats true i should add it's also the first time since i got the car that my savings account value has been going up and not down lol.

27 minutes ago, Batbaruman said:

thats true i should add it's also the first time since i got the car that my savings account value has been going up and not down lol.

Wish I could say the same, Since my RS has been at ajays I've got back into motorcross, went and got myself a 2015 YZ250, Awesome bike to ride! suspension is crazy forgiving. Have ridden 4 times since I got it and already crashed it twice LOL, damaged a ligament in my knee (which seems to be fine now with alot of anti-inflammatry abuse)  :)

IMG_1255.jpg

• Like 1