Guest keltik

What have you done to your car today?

44 minutes ago, HannesNel said:

posting here as well as it seems this gets more eyes :P

Unexpected maintenance for this weekend - sounds like my pads need to be replaced.

Thinking of doing all 4 wheels at the same time. This will be on the budget for now until I have funds to replace with nicer hubs and pads.

Anyone know of a combo deal floating around where I can buy a full set for all 4 wheels?

According to supercheap these would fit but its labeled trailer pads? ¬¬ https://www.supercheapauto.co.nz/p/trojan-trojan-trailer-brake-pad-kit---hydraulic-standard-4-piece/339097.html

Go to a BNT  $56.15+ a set

Front DB1491

Rear 2 sizes, so maybe take a sample. DB1803CP (111x38x14) or DB1379CP (108x42x14)

Edited by Zeus
update
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Zeus said:

Front DB1491

Rear 2 sizes, so maybe take a sample. DB1803CP (111x38x14) or DB1379CP (108x42x14)

Thanks! And by set, I assume you mean 4 pads, 2 for each front wheel, just to clarify.

mmm, I need to drive there so taking sample might be tricky :P

32 minutes ago, HannesNel said:

Thanks! And by set, I assume you mean 4 pads, 2 for each front wheel, just to clarify.

Could always just whip one out ahead of time and trace the shape out on a piece of paper.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, HannesNel said:

6 minutes ago, Andy_Mac said:

Could always just whip one out ahead of time and trace the shape out on a piece of paper.

What he said ^^^^

A set is 4 pads, enough for both left and right sides

Edited by Zeus
muck up
  • Like 1

My friends factory BP5 felt faster than my tuned WRX too Must be that twinscroll, dual AVCS goodness
My bp5 wagon was definitely fast but this just feels so damn quick in second gear. Goes so so well.

13 minutes ago, iludez said:

My bp5 wagon was definitely fast but this just feels so damn quick in second gear. Goes so so well.

Imagine what it would be like with a 6 speed, and those shorter ratios.

Yeah man I can imagine, though this does have a short shifter installed
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, iludez said:
1 hour ago, Individualities said:

Yeah man I can imagine, though this does have a short shifter installed

If you ever get a chance to, do so.

Also same with a S401 - the 6 speed with the twins is rather fun!

New spark plugs in. (NGK Platinum - PFR6G 4793). Fun job on a boxer. Managed to do it without removing battery.

Also fitted new leather gear boot (92072FC000). Armstrongs quoted $255. But ordered it from Amayama and got it ex-Jap for $100 in less than two week. Apart from its grey, rather than black.

Found a split coolant hose while under the hood, so time for another order.

• Like 1

On 11/29/2018 at 0:41 PM, Zeus said:

Front DB1491

So.....Went to Repco, got the BNT DB 1491, DB1803CP and DB1379CP. - Lady says I can return the size I don't use.

All round the brakes were fine, so need to find what else might be causing the noise that sounds like metal on metal when I sometimes brake.

BUT interesting, the rear pads are the DB 1379 - they fit, BUT the fronts are not DB1491....See photo below.

I'll take this to repco so they can run the codes as well, but did someone upgrade the stock calipers?

5509f1af-1bb6-4868-a32d-8a3a65f9c668-ori
d3f1dc81-70f3-4bc2-998a-15c5710534b1-ori

Edited by HannesNel

56 minutes ago, HannesNel said:

ok so research reveals its the standard Subaru parts but lsited for 2011-2014 modules?

Subaru part # 26226XA04 or also knows as part #26296AJ010 it seems

https://parts.subaru.com/a/Subaru__/49235199__6024724/FRONT-BRAKE/W10-262-01.html

Now to find the replacement for them

They will be DB1722 :D, standard pads for BL5/BP5 and BLE/BPEs and obviously some 5th gens as well. If you wanted to be 100% sure you can print the size guide from Bendix and they should match the pads exactly.

https://catalogue.bendix.com.au/manufacturer/subaru/series/liberty-2003-2009-bl-bp/vehicle/2-0-turbo-awd-180-kw-awd-sedan-bl-bp?filter=Disc Pad Set&alternative=Std. Brakes#DB1722

Edited by calebwrx
  • Like 1

Got Hub assembly back in car with new bearing and took it back out for a drive. So good driving it after a week of driving a floppy kia people mover...

Although after the drive I came back and there was smoke coming out of the bonnet from under the rocker cover on driver side... no idea what it is, ill just keep an eye on it.

6 minutes ago, Subru said:

Got Hub assembly back in car with new bearing and took it back out for a drive. So good driving it after a week of driving a floppy kia people mover...

Although after the drive I came back and there was smoke coming out of the bonnet from under the rocker cover on driver side... no idea what it is, ill just keep an eye on it.

Have you had the rocker cover gaskets replaced? My legacy the same symptoms...

Just now, thewabbit1 said:

Have you had the rocker cover gaskets replaced? My legacy the same symptoms...

Nah.

They do leak oil and I do have the gasket set but I have not done it yet because im not quiet confident enough. I could easily do it but im worried about the bolt torque as I cant get a torque wrench in there.

It never smoked before but maybe a lot of oil leaked out after it has been sitting for a week?

I'd say that its likely enough has dripped onto something for you too see smoke. Its probably always been smoking and you've never noticed it

1 minute ago, thewabbit1 said:

I'd say that its likely enough has dripped onto something for you too see smoke. Its probably always been smoking and you've never noticed it

Maybe it has been smoking a little but this time it was unmissable when I was pulling up at the house.

Probably was just a drop of oil or something.

Was putting everything back together after replacing both rear wheel bearings and trailing arms on the Santa Fe, and realised I'd bent the end of the upper control arm ball joint on the left hand side. Went to pull the upper control arm out (ball joint is integral with the arm!), and realised the mounts are ON TOP of the subframe and inaccessible without dropping the subframe! Looked at my little trolley jack. Looked at my scissor jack. Looked at the tractor jack. Wished I had Pedro's hoist. Went for a beer.

• Like 3

On 12/11/2018 at 11:11 PM, Andy_Mac said:

I don't yet have any idea how it works but I've got a corgiwerx ’short shifter’ that’ll be going in shortly. It was pretty damn cheap.

Think it's just a throw reduction rather than throw and height like most.

Have u installed this yet?

37 minutes ago, Subru said:

Have u installed this yet?

Na. Been busy sorting other stuff. Retune with new ECU this Thursday so might get onto that over the weekend

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Andy_Mac said:

Na. Been busy sorting other stuff. Retune with new ECU this Thursday so might get onto that over the weekend

Factory or aftermarket ecu.

15 minutes ago, Andy_Mac said:

Aftermarket

What aftermarket ecu and who is doing the install.Will you be able to run canbus and get the dash display working correctly.Is the install piggybacked with factory ecu or standalone.Sorry for all the questions.