Guest keltik

What have you done to your car today?

Recommended Posts

On 16/02/2020 at 3:53 PM, Niran said:

Whipped up a little vid of the Rs4 yesterday. Man this thing is something else. Insane

 

 

Sounds amazing! I wouldnt mind one of these.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/03/2020 at 1:41 PM, RaKid said:

 

$5k for front pads and discs on these :) 

Aaaand talked out of it... That was quick lol

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No turning back from here, really hoping I haven't forgotten anything.

 

49741453581_c17dc5847e_b.jpg

 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I took advantage of all this extra time at home and gave the daily wagon a really good deep clean inside and out. Also cleaned the engine bay. The paint on this poor car is in such a sorry state with all the clear coat failure and rock chips :/  I'm not really sure if it is worth trying to repaint part/all of the car or just leave it.

 

AkVhb00.jpg?1

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Spent far too much money at Whiteline yesterday, but should hopefully have a car that handles super nice after this lockdown!
Full front and rear bushing kits, WEK073 and WEK074. Looking forward to getting these in when they arrive!
Wasn't going to do it, but thought stuff it, with this sale one I may as well, and shouldn't have any WOF failures for 20+ year old bushings for years to come.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A nice little box from Whiteline turned up today, they even chucked in some free gloves.

Took about 5 days for this lot to arrive, still waiting for my other order with the last AN parts for the manifold that shipped using some express Aus post service that has now past two weeks in the system somewhere 😒

 

49781915018_bf1921efb1_b.jpg

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Andy_Mac said:

A nice little box from Whiteline turned up today, they even chucked in some free gloves.

Took about 5 days for this lot to arrive, still waiting for my other order with the last AN parts for the manifold that shipped using some express Aus post service that has now past two weeks in the system somewhere 😒

 

49781915018_bf1921efb1_b.jpg

 

The Aus post service is a shocker for time. I had a parcel take 3-4 weeks to arrive. It should come through eventually.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Andy_Mac said:

A nice little box from Whiteline turned up today, they even chucked in some free gloves.

Took about 5 days for this lot to arrive, still waiting for my other order with the last AN parts for the manifold that shipped using some express Aus post service that has now past two weeks in the system somewhere 😒

 

 

 

 

Ooh nice! What exactly did you get?
I'm I'm on week 3 of waiting for an order from SparesBox in Aus for some whiteline shifter bushings. 
Decided to order all my other gear just straight through Whiteline themselves for the rest of the gear.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Technikhaus said:

 

Ooh nice! What exactly did you get?
I'm I'm on week 3 of waiting for an order from SparesBox in Aus for some whiteline shifter bushings. 
Decided to order all my other gear just straight through Whiteline themselves for the rest of the gear.


Just front and rear end links, rear sway bar brace and rear diff insert bushes. Frankly I don't think this car even needs thicker swaybars. It stays bloody flat as it is so can't think of much else to replace handling wise for now besides maybe rear camber arms.

 

I went direct too, Didn't wanna take the risk that any other companies might use Aus post too.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Andy_Mac said:


Just front and rear end links, rear sway bar brace and rear diff insert bushes. Frankly I don't think this car even needs thicker swaybars. It stays bloody flat as it is so can't think of much else to replace handling wise for now besides maybe rear camber arms.

 

I went direct too, Didn't wanna take the risk that any other companies might use Aus post too.

 

Nice!
I was tempted by the swaybars, but I've never actually even driven this car, so I have no idea how it handles. Will get the bushes and billies in, then see if it needs them haha.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On the topic of shipping, I got some stuff from Amayama that took approx 5 weeks, got it just before lockdown, another that took 3 during lockdown, and I'm ordering some more and they have a message in their website advising 2-6 week delays. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, swamp said:

On the topic of shipping, I got some stuff from Amayama that took approx 5 weeks, got it just before lockdown, another that took 3 during lockdown, and I'm ordering some more and they have a message in their website advising 2-6 week delays. 

 

I placed an order there the other day, some I'm expecting at the end of the moth, and others are mid-late next month :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Technikhaus said:

 

I placed an order there the other day, some I'm expecting at the end of the moth, and others are mid-late next month :(

Just one order but with many items? If ones delayed at supplier warehouse etc they wait for it and ship it all together. Or at least that's what happened to me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, swamp said:

Just one order but with many items? If ones delayed at supplier warehouse etc they wait for it and ship it all together. Or at least that's what happened to me. 

 

Just got an email half an hour ago that 4 or 5 of the 10 is so items are NLA.  
Annoying considering the order had to go for approval first, which took a couple of days, it got approve on Tuesday, and now they say some of it isn't available :(.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They sometimes do that. Plenty of other sites like jp-carparts or partsouq may have the NLA parts available, maybe even ebay if you're desperate. @Technikhaus

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Happy days, my Aus post order turned up today. Two weeks to travel from Aus to NZ then overnight from wherever it came in to my doorstep, good old Courierpost getting s*** sorted.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thought I'd hop back on, poke my nose around, and say hi again!

Mainly to post some old parts from my Legacy for sale lol.

 

Not a lot has changed in my life - sold the Subaru, now got a overly practical and fuel efficient 2015 Mazda 6 GSX wagon 2.5 petrol.
Will post some photos later, when I get a chance to take some photos.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gave the new girl a quick decat this arvo, much easier when there is only one cat to remove unlike the Legacy’s 

 

49824117593_847dd3093b_b.jpg

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Getting rid of the fur that my dog left in the back seat. Care to share some tips on how to get rid of it easily? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, buenavides1 said:

Getting rid of the fur that my dog left in the back seat. Care to share some tips on how to get rid of it easily? 

 

Vacuum cleaner and a brush!
Or one of the pet hair removal vacuums, a mate has a wet/dry vac that has a pet hair brush which works awesome too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Went to swap the factory turbo headshield for a random one I was given for Christmas. Didn't fit, plus one of my earbuds fell into the engine bay. Spent 3 hours trying to locate it, gave up, Sulked.

 

I don't think my Subaru wants any lovin' or I'm cursed for working on cars.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

New spark plugs and another set of coils for the Legacy. Once I fumbled around and finally found the correct extension wasn't too bad. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, buenavides1 said:

Getting rid of the fur that my dog left in the back seat. Care to share some tips on how to get rid of it easily? 

 

15 hours ago, Technikhaus said:

 

Vacuum cleaner and a brush!
Or one of the pet hair removal vacuums, a mate has a wet/dry vac that has a pet hair brush which works awesome too.

 

One of these mate. Called a lilly brush. 

 

Heaps of videos on youtube showing how good 

 

https://www.google.com/search?q=lilly+brush&rlz=1C1GCEU_enNZ821NZ821&oq=lilly+brush&aqs=chrome..69i57j46l4j0l2.1750j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8 

 

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I bought myself an engine. Specifically the sleeved 2.2L stroked to 2.35L that was for sale on here. I'm now sending it to SAS for a freshen up. Will run my v8 Spec C heads on it, rather than the v4 STi heads. Will get some cams for it too. 

 

@Niran Who's gonna hit 400kw first bb ;) 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Dairusire said:

I bought myself an engine. Specifically the sleeved 2.2L stroked to 2.35L that was for sale on here. I'm now sending it to SAS for a freshen up. Will run my v8 Spec C heads on it, rather than the v4 STi heads. Will get some cams for it too. 

 

@Niran Who's gonna hit 400kw first bb ;) 

 

Probably you hahah

 

But wait.

 

Who's going to hit 500kw first? :P 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.