Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

What have you done to your car today?

Guest keltik

17 hours ago, Dairusire said:

I did literally just buy a set of good condition Twinscroll STi headers for $300 shipped >.> Soooooooo

16 hours ago, Dairusire said:

I believe you'll find that the VF48 is a single scroll turbo my friend :)

Even better! TS is overated, sell the $300 TS headers, buy a V7 stock set for $50 and buy the VF48. :D 

• Like 3

went to swap out the relay that has been causing me some issues and the brake switch as... well it was $8 on the same order and had a fault code once that could have been switch related before. 

- keyless entry does work

- Not bad, happens every year or so and little battery dies in the key fob 

- get ready to jump inside car and shut door while I find and change battery. Spare usually in glovebox. This is the downside to hella horns when you have the car in a concrete garage its f***ing loud 😡 

- open door with physical key and... nothing
-  Open hood... battery dead flat 1.6v on multimeter 

- change relays as wtf may as well

- labelled them all with vivid first as there are 5 identical ones in cabin. Sounds like they all fail in recall notice. 

- go to swap brake switch... 😔 Seen I has left the wifi obd2 dongle attached  for 3 week 🤦‍♂️ f***en kitten is smarter than me

- good news though brake switches are super easy to swap. Just 1/4 turn and the pop out. It’s a 4 pin one for cruise control so will test it later. Maybe useful to someone with older car that has 2 pin. 

New battery time I’m guessing. 
that or lipo jumper pack. 

Edited by Gripless
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Firenza said:

Did the stereotypical Subaru mod and fitted the Hella supertones, but adult part of my brain made me make them stealthy :P Also replaced one of the front axle seals as its was leaking, but didnt bother taking photos of that!

YA1MCv7.jpg

I've always wanted a louder horn, I don't like the idea of blocking off such a large portion of the radiator tho. I'm looking at an air horn kit and mounting them behind the bumper beam / out of the way

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Omsin said:

I've always wanted a louder horn, I don't like the idea of blocking off such a large portion of the radiator tho. I'm looking at an air horn kit and mounting them behind the bumper beam / out of the way

The way I looked at is that there are much higher strung cars then mine, in much warmer countries running them and they're fine. Also most modern cars take the bulk of their air flow through the vent below the numberplate. Also they are spaced about an inch away from the radiator, and that should allow air to flow around them rather then stopping flow completely.

2VduuY8.jpg

Having them out in the open does make a difference. Stock my car has shell horns which normally would be quite loud, but they're hidden down in the wheel well behind the bumper.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Omsin said:

Wait til you see how people put front mounts in front of the Rad 

it’s gonna blow your mind 

• Haha 6

1 hour ago, A_J_T said:

One of the most popular threads so smashing this in here. Many of you will be finishing up work and getting ready to kick back and spend time with friends and family. Remember to take it easy out there on the roads team, think twice when you are stuck behind a camper and eager to bring that spoolie boi online to pull a savage overtake. Its better to arrive late than dead on time. sit back, take a couple breaths and enjoy the ride and look out for one another. Wishing you all a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! 

Merry Christmas to you too! My spoolie boy is quiet and easy to forget so I should be fine :)

On a more "what I did to my car today" note; I noticed my headlights looked dull in the horn photos, so polished them to be clear. Didnt realise how bad they were til you've done the first one and you're standing there comparing them

Yb2IumNl.jpg

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Firenza said:

Merry Christmas to you too! My spoolie boy is quiet and easy to forget so I should be fine :)

On a more "what I did to my car today" note; I noticed my headlights looked dull in the horn photos, so polished them to be clear. Didnt realise how bad they were til you've done the first one and you're standing there comparing them

Yb2IumNl.jpg

What products did you use? That looks like new

1 hour ago, BMCracer said:

What products did you use? That looks like new

Just the Mothers California Gold 3 step stuff. Compound, polish then wax using a Maguires DA drill polisher addon. I was going to try sanding, if you look at the posts above you'll see that mine weren't that bad starting out. We'll see how long it lasts, hopefully the wax will make a difference.

On other cars with worse hazing I've used Autosol metal polish to great effect, but you have to use a separate UV coating to stop it going bad again after a few months 

• Thanks 1

On 21/12/2019 at 11:12 PM, Firenza said:

Just the Mothers California Gold 3 step stuff. Compound, polish then wax using a Maguires DA drill polisher addon. I was going to try sanding, if you look at the posts above you'll see that mine weren't that bad starting out. We'll see how long it lasts, hopefully the wax will make a difference.

On other cars with worse hazing I've used Autosol metal polish to great effect, but you have to use a separate UV coating to stop it going bad again after a few months 

Most headlight restorer kits come with a UV treatment to lock in the finish If you wanted a long term solution. Otherwise you could get away with using a “sealant” instead of a wax for better protection.

ultimate way to do this would be to get them clear coated now that the plastic is fresh and exposed

A kind gentleman gave me his v7 OEM pump and fuel sock for free yesterday! Had done 230k kms, but really had no other choice so chucked it in. So basically removed the intank fuel pump assembly twice in two days. Such a crappy job on a GDB! Here's to hoping i never have to do one again lol.

Also.. drove a supercharged RS4 B7 today... HOLY DAM! Basically as fast as my v11s peak torque but instantaneous and everywhere. Freaking insane lol 

Edited by Niran
  • Like 2

God, where do i start? Tuesday finished work at lunch, parked the car in the empty bay at work and tore the entire front end of the B4 apart, engine, gearbox, front subframe, arms, everything, all out. It took all Wednesday and Thursday swapping over whatever i needed from the Rev D motor to my Rev B motor from my old Legacy while also doing an ST conversion. Worked Friday so no work done on car. Saturday was 2 trips to Te Puke (Roughy an hour from me) to visit Jeremy from Subiedoo Spares to get bits. got the new front subframe all put back together and put engine and gearbox onto it. This morning slid the drivetrain under and lifted into place. fit everything. fit rev D intake and basically got the car running. Runs pretty badly because the top mount isnt on i havent sorted a couple vac lines but runs. Found everything different between the rev B and D bolt ons. 

Honestly didn't realise how much was actually different between the two engines and if i didnt have some parts already as well as the motor that came out to steal hoses and sensors from this wouldn't have been possible. @A_J_T I cant thank you enough. You've been great dealing with my random texts to explain the ST swap to me. I definitely owe you a beer. Car currently only has a down pipe on and sounds absolutely vicious but cant go on the road till the exhaust, top mount and brakes are sorted so at work it stays.

10/10 would not recommend with the time constraints i had and the fact that work had to be delayed on the car because i couldn't get some parts due to public holidays. However 10/10 would do again. It was fun.

• Like 7

Solid effort dude. get that tmic and maf plumbed and it will run fine until a tune can be done 
Got the top mount on today, fixed vac issues, found why it was miss firing, turns out the cam sprockets are different between rev b and d so swapped them, re sort timing, got it running mint. Gave it a rev and smoke everywhere. Turbo doesnt sound good either so that's just another thing I have to replace, fml. It's actually so bad that apart from the exhaust being off it's the only thing preventing me driving it home. Have sorted a VF30 and better top mount just need the funds.

Sent from my SM-A530F using Tapatalk

• Sad 1

• Admin

In short, I did a thing and Bought @Furze car, CHOPDU. It's been sitting for a while, unfortunately, as it's had a few electrical issues and as such projects need to move on. SO! It's going to get stripped and parted. While I'm certain I could fix it and get it back up and running in no-time, I don't have the funds to keep it (which I very much so want to).

So, as such, I'm picking it up this weekend and next week I'll begin the process of take all the parts off it to get ready for sale. 

There are a few goodies I'll be taking my way and with that the RA gets an upgrade! 

Things to change over are

- v7 STi 207 w/ Supertech dual valve springs

- Spec C intake manifold (no TGVs!!)

- Murch HX35 turbo setup

- MCA Red custom valved suspension

- 114.3 hubs (swapping these as they were recently replaced with new bearings on all corners)

- Dixcel Z Type Pads (F/R) and Dixcel slotted rotors (F/R)

- Oil catch tank setup

Everything else is going and I'll have a TON of work to do.

Image may contain: sky, car, mountain, outdoor and nature

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

Fit a vf30 as a replacement to the old blown vf24, changed TPS due to a dead spot in the revs, fit the exhaust and took it for a drive around the yard at work. Now to figure out the boost controller issue (just running wastegate pressure so power is very linear) maybe put a fuel pump in it any suggestions on  pumps? and take it for a wheel alignment then stick it in the shed to wait for a tune

• Like 2

• Admin

The old girl decided to be a little bitch and no longer start this morning.

Made it all the way down to wanganui last night just to make matters worse...

No clicking or anything from the starter but everything else powers perfectly so guessing it'll be the clutch switch or starter relay.

Installed a padlock on the rear tyre holder on the Gravel Express, replaced the old rusty one (Previous owner didnt give me key) thought it was pretty cool when I looked inside to find an all original Gravel Express rim OEM and a Bridgestone Potenza RE88 possibly straight out of 1996 had full tread basically a new tyre! bit of an archaeological find!dy8BypI.jpg

Still unsure whether I want to go ahead with a full restoration on this. might just tinker with the internals. and have the exterior redone(gonna see how facelift grille, hood and headlights look painted Gravel Express two tone. The original wheels are like $120+ a piece from overseas lol. pricey!

Edited by Mimic
  • Like 1