Guest keltik

What have you done to your car today?

21,410 posts in this topic

Nope. Nothing. Promises to email through something then silence. I'm giving the tuner a bit more time to come to the party before I burn any bridges, but it's all a bit shithouse.

30 minutes ago, KiwiJoe said:

Nope. Nothing. Promises to email through something then silence. I'm giving the tuner a bit more time to come to the party before I burn any bridges, but it's all a bit shithouse.

is the results you got a bit lack luster or something?

The results seem fine. The throttle mapping is pretty different so it's hard to judge. The new tune is going from a Cobb protune for a downpipe to an EcuTek tune with the downpipe, an intercooler and a boost solenoid, so I really want to see what the differences are between the two. I'm also wondering now why he won't provide one, which makes me nervous, so this is now also about peace if mind. Another issue is that this is my second tune with the same company, but this was literally twice the price of the last one. Despite that extra cost, I have nothing in black and white showing what was actually done.

29 minutes ago, KiwiJoe said:

The results seem fine. The throttle mapping is pretty different so it's hard to judge. The new tune is going from a Cobb protune for a downpipe to an EcuTek tune with the downpipe, an intercooler and a boost solenoid, so I really want to see what the differences are between the two. I'm also wondering now why he won't provide one, which makes me nervous, so this is now also about peace if mind. Another issue is that this is my second tune with the same company, but this was literally twice the price of the last one. Despite that extra cost, I have nothing in black and white showing what was actually done.

I hope his name isn't Phil.

34 minutes ago, Loren said:

I hope his name isn't Phil.

No, it's not Phil. Phil did my Cobb tune and he's a top bloke.

3 hours ago, KiwiJoe said:

No, it's not Phil. Phil did my Cobb tune and he's a top bloke.

Different Phil then. 

I drove it to work woke my  neighbour up just by starting it up arrrr that Subie sound parked away from everyone to come out and find they’ve all parked near my car again. I love it when people open there doors on my cars. 

My mini drama over the last 24hrs.

Took car to garage to have 4pots installed and new rotors. Picked up at end of day Friday. Looks good.

Drove <1km home. Brakes a little soft but ok. Inspect new brake/rotor look at home. Notice brake fluid in wheel arch and over tyre.

Investigate further, brake fluid all over inside of passenger side wheel.

Massive leak from hose to caliper connection. Looks like washer wasn't reinstalled. Its still on the old caliper.

Too late to take back to garage and closed for the weekend.

Custom 4pots paint ruined. New rotor (with black painted centre) ruined.

Try to take wheel off. Nuts on too tight as garage used impact gun. Break torque wrench (I know, wrong tool) trying to loosen.

Scissor jack then seizes with car off the ground.

Its been one of those weekends.

.. garage and I will be having interesting phone call on Monday.

Installed a ultra racing rear sway bar in the Legacy. Amazing difference, such a good bang for buck mod. Now I need better not leather seats so I don't slide around so much... cf145a5c7b3107c1fb15e77d04dd4789.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk