Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

What have you done to your car today?

Guest keltik

58 minutes ago, 1randomkiwi said:

Please don't tell me you fill up at the gastly green petrol station up the road from your work...?
Those thieving bandits, haven't been to a BP in over a year.

Unfortunately I do...... It's the only 98 between my house and work

• Admin

Super dark right now... Just realised some scum F***er has hit the corner of my rear bumper and poped it in and out along with scratching it.

The scratch will mostly buff out but there is the large telltale crazed paint circle that’ll only get worse over the next few months and can't really be fixed without a sand and respray...

Time to get serious about a decent dash cam to try catch the next one in the act.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ADIKT said:

Mobil is worth going out of your way. In Whangarei for 95 (we only have Gull Force 10), BP are like 15c more expensive over Mobil. 

Edit: $2.44 at all Mobil's in Whangarei, and $2.53 at all BP's. 

Edited by Individualities

Partsouq order arrived.. turns out I orderd a coil for a LS400.. F*********K stupid me. 

RE003's are back on which is great! Will be great to give them a whirl soon!

can't remember if I mentioned this.. but I scored some damper adjustable STi Pink struts, meant to be factory off the S203's. Google says they could be "Tuned by Arai" I'm hoping the struts on the softest settings are similar to the STI red struts for around town and then I can tighten them up for the spirited driving.

Bank account doesn't like me this month.. oops!

• Like 2

• Admin
5 hours ago, ADIKT said:

Damn dude. That's like 19c/L dearer than Mobil :/

You'd save around $9.25 per 50L if you went to Mobil, so if it does cost around $1.59 worth of fuel to get there from your work, you'd save around $7.66 each 50L :P (yes I did the math)

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, 1randomkiwi said:

Damn dude. That's like 19c/L dearer than Mobil :/

You'd save around $9.25 per 50L if you went to Mobil, so if it does cost around $1.59 worth of fuel to get there from your work, you'd save around $7.66 each 50L :P (yes I did the math)

Don’t forget to factor in the opportunity cost, his time has value too. 😉

• Like 1

Used the CNC at uni to make fuel rail adaptors for putting phase 2 injectors on a phase 1 manifold.

Installed some BP legacy 550cc sidefeeds & rails i got for $30 off trademe. Turned out pretty good.

zLU3gAh.jpg?1

Edited by mitch8198
  • Like 9

21 hours ago, mitch8198 said:

Used the CNC at uni to make fuel rail adaptors for putting phase 2 injectors on a phase 1 manifold.

Installed some BP legacy 550cc sidefeeds & rails i got for $30 off trademe. Turned out pretty good.

zLU3gAh.jpg?1

That'd be a great little piece of kit to sell to some of the fellas stuck with V3-4 manifolds for sure.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, blitzd808 said:

That'd be a great little piece of kit to sell to some of the fellas stuck with V3-4 manifolds for sure.

Thanks, happy to supply the CAD files to anyone that want to make a set :)

Having V1-4 heads really limits your options for cheap injectors above 440cc. Diddint want to spend 1k+ for a topfeed conversion or get dogey knock-offs.

3 hours ago, GC8E2DD said:

Hrm, so BP side feeds are actually a better option than decapped P2 yellows? Can't remember what people have tested decaps at, but I'm guessing you'd get a better spray pattern with the Legacy injectors?

I dont know if its actually a better option haha, adaptors just seemed the easiest at the time. Ive heard you can mix and match P2 yellows and fuel rails and somehow bolt them on a P1 mani but these are a cheaper unit, better spray pattern and 5+ years newer. I assume 04+ STi ej25 sidefeeds would work also.

Edited by mitch8198

8 hours ago, GC8E2DD said:

Are the windows premade? Please weigh them, and then the respective glass they replaced

yes, pre formed kit from plastics4performance... I will weigh everything for sure... including all the crap I cut out of the front doors.

3 hours ago, Loren said:

yes, pre formed kit from plastics4performance... I will weigh everything for sure... including all the crap I cut out of the front doors.

You'll be amazed at how much weight is hiding in the doors

4 hours ago, GC8E2DD said:

He was pretty thorough with the old V6, so I can't imagine he'll leave much this time around.

That was the rear doors in a 4 door, which didn't need to be very useable... the coupe fronts will be more challenging... need to find a balance between weight saving and usability. My main concern is how floppy they might get with the inner skin removed. I will probably need an

aluminium skin to stiffen them up a bit.

I only have kitchen scales that go up to 5kg so cant weigh the door glass... the lexan window is 2.8kg though.

Lexan is supposed to be about 50% of the weight of glass though.

Edited by Loren

1 hour ago, newsuba said:

lexan expensive ?

every gram counts.

my 2 door frenchie is heavier than my old 5-door golf !

Fairly expensive... but it's all relative. They were more than a set of semi slicks... more than a full set of brake pads and rotors... less than a full set of race gear... less than a turbo.

Bought them for weight saving... but also to get some airflow through the car.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, McMatty said:

Picked up some Flatt Racing 2 pot backing plates for BE/ BH from Yahoo Auctions for a steal. Should be here in a couple weeks

Who do you use to get parts in from Japan?

It's crazy how expensive everything is here compared to Japan.