Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×

What have you done to your car today?

Guest keltik

Installed a bunch of bushes and started putting s*** back on the car 

The car now has three wheels on it! The fourth hub will be put on tomorrow afternoon in anticipation for its move to a new home (pictured below) 

Also ordered a bunch of random s*** to help things along 

mm79Ppn.jpg

MP30PmE.jpg

Tomorrow:

Zrw3eM2.jpg

qN15Qbq.jpg

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, ADIKT said:

Installed a bunch of bushes and started putting s*** back on the car 

The car now has three wheels on it! The fourth hub will be put on tomorrow afternoon in anticipation for its move to a new home (pictured below) 

Also ordered a bunch of random s*** to help things along 

mm79Ppn.jpg

STi or painted pink?

On 21/08/2021 at 10:17 AM, Andy_Mac said:

How does one of those compare to a similar priced earlier gen R? I feel like i’d always want the R for the all wheel drive even if it's a more front biased setup compared to Subaru’s

Better late than never...

Mk7 GTI is a much sportier drive than a 6R.

The 6R uses the previous gen (Mk5) motor with cambelt and is much more reliable, many chain drive Mk6 GTI's have suffered from chain tensioner failures - expensive, often fatal.

Golfs use a Haldex AWD system, nominal 90/10 torque split to front, a slow reactive system.

Subaru's permanent AWD is a superior solution.

The 7R is much better but still no match for a GTI with VW's front LSD - like a Haldex operating on the same axle. A GTI Clubsport/Edition 40/40 Years - same car , different name for different markets, or the 7.5 GTI TCR are much better drives and once moving, just as fast or faster than a 7/7.5R.

:)

Edited by newsuba
  • Like 2

On 14/09/2021 at 6:45 PM, EJGOD said:

Done my first wheel bearing/hub today. Rear passenger side wheel bearing on my 2016 STi gave up at 98,000km.

Must have worn out prematurely from all the AWD burnouts on the Taupo skidpad!

Sorry for the poor quality pictures, they were taken on Snapchat and then saved…

7b660da71c443852e99f2faaba4ee265.jpg

Well technically speaking you didn't change the bearing... you just swapped out the whole hub :)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Replaced my front brake pads yesterday and done my regular 6,000km oil change today.

I’ve done 10 oil changes now on this build (60,000km since the motor went back in) and each one of them has had this same amount of glitter…

5d8834f3244c96dd3d5bb7dfc5d15733.jpg
4e34387dfa5ef67350c69891e1b3a54d.jpg

• Like 3

That does look like a lot... have you cut the filter open? 

Yeah there was more inside the filter, it’s the normal amount I’ve seen most oil changes. Factory bottom end bearings at 300wkw I guess they make their own clearances haha!

• 2 weeks later...

While the motor is out I've been busy cleaning wheel wells and the engine bay, and straightening up the sills at the 4 jack points.

I have some new front fenders I bought from Tony years ago that I want to put on, but they need painting and I don't want to spend

the money until the engine is sorted. Also have some tidier side skirts to go on and all new clips... but they also are the wrong colour :(

• Like 2