Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×

What have you done to your car today?

Guest keltik

• Admin
On 2/11/2021 at 6:05 PM, EJGOD said:

Had a set of headers arrive yesterday for a 5th Gen Legacy GT with the low mount turbo location. These cars only came with equal length style manifolds like the 2015+ WRX. My friend and I are going to cut the manifold and extend one side out to effectively make it unequal length

c23dea4930b945086513f1609e5eb096.jpg

Interested to see how this performs.

The Tomei UEL ones for the FA engine look alright but everyone just rips on them for the inefficiency of the idea without really testing them. 

Is it the fact the each bank joins vs the opposite cylinders.

wont you just need to swap the pipes at the collector.

length alone may not give you the rumble. And the extra length of pipe would be hard get to a low mount.

• Admin
51 minutes ago, Gripless said:

Is it the fact the each bank joins vs the opposite cylinders.

wont you just need to swap the pipes at the collector.

length alone may not give you the rumble. And the extra length of pipe would be hard get to a low mount.

Have a look at the tomei version. They seem confident in their design not losing much performance while giving a more Subaru sound while just lengthening the two pipes on one side without any rerouted pipes

Buggered both the threads on the chassis for the gearbox cross member :(

Does anyone else have a great deal of trouble getting those lined up? Seems the cross member needs bending slightly for both bolt holes to lines up.

• Like 1

• Admin
6 hours ago, Loren said:

Does anyone else have a great deal of trouble getting those lined up? Seems the cross member needs bending slightly for both bolt holes to lines up.

Mine came pre-cross threaded by the last owner. It was a pricey balls up to fix too as they needed to cut the box section open to weld on a bolt.

I normally have a big flathead in the opposite side one to maneuver the crossmember into place to get the first bolt in then the second one usually requires a pry bar to get it all lined up. 

20 minutes ago, Andy_Mac said:

Mine came pre-cross threaded by the last owner. It was a pricey balls up to fix too as they needed to cut the box section open to weld on a but. 

I would like to avoid this for sure... I've got helicoils in for now and hope they hold up. The helicoil kit was bloody expensive too.

Edited by Loren

8 hours ago, Loren said:

Yes I have had trouble with this, however I got a file and filed the inside edges of the holes in the  cross member just enough So I could get the bolts going in straight and then got them both going at the same time and did them each up together. Otherwise if I got one going and did it up too tight the other one would immediately try to cross thread.

Even then I still had to getvthe first going and then pull hard on the cross member to get the other one going. Have had the bolts in and out twice since and they have been fine.

Edited by ginganinja

Too excited not to share. Some of you will have seen I sold my old type R.. Only reason was because I managed to win this unicorn at Auction! The v6 type R LTD!! Only about 580 made, arguably the rarest subi you can get next to the 22b. Few things made it 'affordable' haha but I don't really care as i'll keep it forever:

• Its an R grade - but was just in a minor frontal (cross member, front support, guards and bonnet replaced, no apparent chassis damage). Still registered in Japan meaning its of a good standard.
  • 78,000kms!!! 
  • It is modified (WIN WIN WIN) - GDB 6 speed, engine and GRB brembos and maybe some other drivetrain components (hence the UGLY AF wheels)

Looks very very tidy if not for the R grade. So dam stoked to snag this. Been looking for one for over a year! 

Anyone know what wheels those are? Trying to figure out if the hubs were replace to 5x114.3 or 5x100 based on those. 

u3G9t3W.jpg

Edited by Niran
  • Like 7

Today so far I have attempted to fit my engine back in the car twice.... first time not enough tilt on the engine... second time it lined up and went on the gearbox perfectly... except I hadn't put the clutch fork on !!!!!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1