Guest keltik

What have you done to your car today?

1 hour ago, newsuba said:

lexan expensive ?

every gram counts.

my 2 door frenchie is heavier than my old 5-door golf !

Fairly expensive... but it's all relative. They were more than a set of semi slicks... more than a full set of brake pads and rotors... less than a full set of race gear... less than a turbo.

Bought them for weight saving... but also to get some airflow through the car.

• Like 1

Picked up some Flatt Racing 2 pot backing plates for BE/ BH from Yahoo Auctions for a steal. Should be here in a couple weeks

Sent from my SM-A530F using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, McMatty said:

Picked up some Flatt Racing 2 pot backing plates for BE/ BH from Yahoo Auctions for a steal. Should be here in a couple weeks

Who do you use to get parts in from Japan?

It's crazy how expensive everything is here compared to Japan.

4 minutes ago, mitch8198 said:

Who do you use to get parts in from Japan?

It's crazy how expensive everything is here compared to Japan.

@preim suggested in another thread to use buyee.jp, used it today for the first time and it's pretty simple to use

• Like 2

Nice one! Just be careful about shipping. if it will fit in an envelope you shouldn't get stung for more than $20ish on EMS.

Drove up to Christchurch in the GC8 to deliver the 6-speed out of my wagon to SAS. It is in for a full set of new synchros as the 5th gear synchro was on its way out. I can't wait to get it back all nice again.

Also fill up on a bunch of 100 octane from npd :)

Also fill up on a bunch of 100 octane from npd 

Feel any different?

11 minutes ago, McMatty said:

Feel any different?

Hard to say, maybe a slight bit in 4th/5th may just be in my head though. I don't think my GC8 runs particularly aggressive ignition timing. Tbh i'm just sick of BP haha. Also seems to be permanent 12c off per litre at the one on Moorhouse? Not sure why.

I talked to Richard at SAS about it and he said they had tuned a few cars on it and it is great stuff.

Edited by IZichard
does/doesn't
  • Like 2

Hard to say, maybe a slight bit in 4th/5th may just be in my head though. I don't think my GC8 runs particularly aggressive ignition timing. Tbh i'm just sick of BP haha. Also seems to be permanent 12c off per litre at the one on Moorhouse? Not sure why.

I talked to Richard at SAS about it and he said they had tuned a few cars on it and it is great stuff.
If only it was available up here

Just now, McMatty said:

If only it was available up here emoji17.png

At least in the North you have other options for 98 (Mobil/Gull). This is the first time anyone other than BP has offered that in the South. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, IZichard said:

Drove up to Christchurch in the GC8 to deliver the 6-speed out of my wagon to SAS. It is in for a full set of new synchros as the 5th gear synchro was on its way out. I can't wait to get it back all nice again.

Also fill up on a bunch of 100 octane from npd :)

We drove down to Invers on the weekend and did the exact same in a mate's falcon. 
Can't say we really noticed any difference, but it didn't help we were towing a car trailer.

What peeved us off, is that 100 octane in invers is cheaper than 98 here in Dunedin!

Haven't done anything to my car today, but tonight I'll be pulling the turbo to replace a cross threaded stud, and pulling the down pipe to move the O2 sensor.

• Like 1

Nice one! Just be careful about shipping. if it will fit in an envelope you shouldn't get stung for more than $20ish on EMS.
Got stung for shipping haha

7 minutes ago, Dairusire said:

I bought a Rev. D BH5 Legacy :)

She's noice

Sent from my TA-1012 using Tapatalk

Nice! Any plans?

They are such a good value for what they are right now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IZichard said:

They are such a good value for what they are right now.

Too right! Very under appreciated chassis and drive train for their price.

A few of us round here already love and know the BE/BH chassis well.

Trying to get my friend into one at the moment (a Rev D wagon).

Well, here's a shot of the outside and the interior. Very tidy to be honest. Boot and rear bumper need replacing as someone ruined that but for 3.8k I won't complain.

Also on tein springs and bilstein shocks and three inch exhaust which is surprisingly nice and not too loud.

I don't have any plans for it. It is getting a tune from@pappu next week for economy and for it to be healthy, however, it's my daily to replace my aging and shitty Nissan pulsar. 8f340f49bc74b243ac807715a14947c1.jpgd0f30ed23b0c8151fed9078cfd9ba410.jpg31dcc5c739a19ff18fbdaba3f51ebfaf.jpge4332c5d9ea8ee11d6877b0168fa4855.jpg9e977f423e6c7b382391a9ea6851d1ec.jpgfeea37617175db1b1ad0fcb6ad8a0691.jpg

Sent from my TA-1012 using Tapatalk

• Like 5

Just had these WRX COPLUS Hayabusa tail lights arrive on my door (red not smoke, and using the Japanese LED pattern not the US). Will install today or tomorrow.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, KiwiJoe said:

For anyone interested, this is what they look like installed on my WRX:

Very nice. Should stand the test of time better than some of the other, more out there, designs that start looking extremely dated after a couple of years.

Installed genome boost gauge and controller in my bc5. Does anyone know if non-genome defi gauges work with the genome controller? Really keen to get an oil pressure gauge at some point.

• Like 1

Those taillights are nice!

Picked up a new car for my Dad on the weekend, 2011 STI.

Drove it back to Dunedin from Christchurch via Mt Cook, so had to get some photos of what I could in the crummy weather!

qSQDCUu.jpg

3l2W96S.jpg

Such a nice car to drive, and totally different to the A-Line STI we used to have!

• Like 9

Maybe it's just the scale but the torque curve looks nice and flat. Looks like it would be nice to drive.

53 minutes ago, Technikhaus said:

Tune just completed on the rally car, 30KW increase, and a much smoother tune in general, very happy :)

nszx9ko.jpg