Jump to content
Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×

What have you done to your car today?


Guest keltik

Recommended Posts

  • Subscribed Member

Finally test fitted the rear tyre carrier, pretty happy with it, and it definitely gives it the distinctive Gravel Express look.
Just need to work out how the it mounts permanently, setting the height etc, and also build a catch for it, as it's the only main part I don't have.

And of course attempt to remove the advertising on it.

 

Iy213Rn.jpg?1

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Subscribed Member
1 minute ago, Joker said:

now you can carry 2x spare wheels hah :P

 

I dont mind mine with the STI wings on the back, front 'brush bar' (as some call it) is enough for me :P

 

I see the one on trade-me has the tyre carrier and the wings on the back as well, must be a tight fit!
So happy to have both the brush bar and the tyre carrier, just need to find the front spats and the side-skirts and it's done!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Admin
39 minutes ago, 1randomkiwi said:

Bought a new old thing :D

 

That looks gorgeous! 

Really nice and tidy BH :)

 

Also, shameless plug for anyone reading. Theres a one day sale for anything Link related. can do up to 30% off and taking pre-orders until Thursday. Sale day is Friday. Cash preferable. But I wanna hook up the clubbies and best as I can. Let me know if you want Link gear or ECUs. because, basically... the Storm G4x goes from $1950+gst to under $1350+gst.... Good deals to be had y'all.

 

Over the weekend, I pulled the engine out of my Legacy.... Because blown headgasket. yaaaaaaaaaaaaay... 

It's sah dirteh

 

ZVTPHq5.jpg

hhnGnPa.jpg

 

That crap you see on the oil filter? Yeah, that filter has only been on there 6mo.... big yikes. 

rGVFRHk.jpg

 

aIh8kO1.jpg

 

 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

So. Did a great thing today. Been hunting and messaging people like crazy over the last 6 months for an RA or type R and finally got the timing / luck right today. Found myself a 2000 v6 STI RA V Limited 757 of 2000 and snatched it in like 2 hours haha. 

 

Here she is: 

 

RiVVZzQ.jpg

 

wcwwInx.jpg

 

mo1GrtK.jpg

 

TqkD1pc.jpg

 

2aeji1F.jpg

 

Lots of stuff to fix to get her running right, but pretty happy with this one! Will definitely be a keeper 

 

 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 23/11/2020 at 8:28 AM, Technikhaus said:

Finally test fitted the rear tyre carrier, pretty happy with it, and it definitely gives it the distinctive Gravel Express look.
Just need to work out how the it mounts permanently, setting the height etc, and also build a catch for it, as it's the only main part I don't have.

And of course attempt to remove the advertising on it.

 

Iy213Rn.jpg?1

Late reply but try using a heat gun, dont go too hot as it is plastic

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Niran said:

So. Did a great thing today. Been hunting and messaging people like crazy over the last 6 months for an RA or type R and finally got the timing / luck right today. Found myself a 2000 v6 STI RA V Limited 757 of 2000 and snatched it in like 2 hours haha. 

 

Here she is: 

 

RiVVZzQ.jpg

 

wcwwInx.jpg

 

mo1GrtK.jpg

 

TqkD1pc.jpg

 

2aeji1F.jpg

 

Lots of stuff to fix to get her running right, but pretty happy with this one! Will definitely be a keeper 

 

 

 

Oh damn that's a beautiful car! Those rims really suit it too 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

cars been in dirty 'rally' mode for few months now due to auckland water ban (that's my excuse and i'm sticking with it :D) , took it slow and did a full simple detail by hand, feeling out and taking notes of areas for paint correction later.

 

vacuum, interior clean with soapy water on leather bits , wipe down rest. wash/dry , meguiars ultimate polish 1 pass, meguiars ultimate wax, rainx glass cleaner, rain x water repellant on glass. silicone to black out the black stuff and around the tyres. ran out of wheel cleaner so warm dish soap and some elbow grease like good old days lol. basic clean down of engine bay, car has seen some dodgy conditions and few areas really going to need to bust out DA with compound for next time but good enough for now. was first time using meguiars ultimate wax on the body , normally a big fan of carnauba gold wax for the shine but this seems nearly as good and was just so much easier to use.. bought in to it because apparently the paint protection last longer, had i know how much easier it wipes on/ wipe off then i would have switched over years ago.

 

in the pics i see i missed a few spots wiping off the wax, better go back and fix that 😆 also damn hazy reflections, should have not been lazy and bust out the DA do it right

 

 

hard to see in photos but IRL you could slap a Bluebirds badge because there are a whole lotta chips here and on the sides from driving too 'enthusiastically' on gravel roads

aZoNhHU.jpg

 

 

5RtTibT.jpg

 

first time i actually cleaned the number plants, used toothbrush and warp dish soap, its crazy how it contrasts

p7Xy3Zg.jpg

 

buffed out some nasty scratches this side. polished the muffler cans too... not that anyone will see them but feels good, didn't clean under side of car this time but next time it's up on jacks stands will do so!

1FooVg0.jpg

 

Edited by Batbaruman
  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 23/11/2020 at 9:30 AM, Joker said:

now you can carry 2x spare wheels hah :P

 

I dont mind mine with the STI wings on the back, front 'brush bar' (as some call it) is enough for me :P

 

Add a roof rack and carry a full set of spares  😁

 

Me fail - just noticed the date  😝

Edited by newsuba
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...